Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hello!  My name is Crystal and I want to thank you so much for taking the time to read this blog.  I hope it will help encourage you and maybe help you as you witness to people around you.  Mainly, I have created this blog for those who have not given their life to Christ.  I want to talk personally to you so here goes…

First, I want to ask you if there’s something or someone in your life that you love dearly; you love them so much that you can’t imagine loving them more?  You can’t picture love like that being trumped by anyone.  While I understand that love because I love my daughter, parents, and family just as much, there’s a love far greater than that. God loves us more than we can know.  Our human minds can’t comprehend the expansive love of God.  He loves you right now and every day since before the Earth was formed.  He knew you would be born, what you’d look like, every step you’d take in your life, every success and failure you’d have, and every sin you’d commit.  There’s nothing that you’ve done that God doesn’t know about, and guess what….He adores you!  His love is boundless for you!  Why else would He send His Son, Jesus, to die for you on the cross?  He couldn’t stand the thought of you taking the horrible punishment for your sins.  He wants you near Him always, from every day you live here on earth and beyond.

Next, I want to tell you that God is attainable.  I think that some people who haven’t had a personal relationship with Him may picture God and Jesus sitting on huge thrones and they’re far too big and mighty to hear your prayers.  They’re too intimidating to talk to.  That isn’t true at all.  While on earth, Jesus said that He’s the only way to God.  Talk to Him and He will speak to God for you.  Jesus hears your prayers.  He said that if you call out His name, He will hear.  Jesus wants you to call out to Him, not with rehearsed, fancy words, but as you would talk to your friends.  He wants to be as personal with you as you’ll let Him be. Even the smallest things He’ll be happy to listen to.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve asked Him to help me find my car keys and open jars.  I don’t have to use elaborate words.  Just a simple, “Okay, Jesus, will you help me open this jam jar before I throw it out the window?”  He helps me every time.  Just talk to Him like you would with anyone else. 

For a while now I’ve felt an ache in my heart for those who don’t know Jesus.  Maybe it’s because of the things going on in our world and how many people say that we’re living in the last days before Jesus returns for those who love Him.  The rest will remain here to endure the worst seven years the world has ever seen.  It makes me sad and a bit nauseous to think of anyone left here when they have the option to be spared from it.  In my mind I think the decision is simple because who wouldn’t want boundless love?  Who wouldn’t want to walk this world and know you’re not walking alone?  Who wouldn’t want the assurance that, when their life here is over, they will be in paradise for eternity?  Of course I realize that not everyone thinks like me, but can I tell you why I have this faith in God and the assurance of where my fate lies?  Can I show you how you can have the same faith and assurance?  

If your answer is yes, I’d like to give you a journal that my cousins, Jessica and Charity, and I put together for our family.  Some entries were written by one of us, while others are things we’ve found various places that have helped us in our faith.  This journal talks about God’s love for you, what He wants for your life, what He commands, what happens when someone doesn’t obey His commands, and what our eternity will be like if we follow Him.  We give this to you because, though we may not be relatives now,  we would love for you to be our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.That would make us so happy; even more than that, it would make our Father in Heaven happy, too!

Here’s the journal and we pray that you not only read it, but share it with people you know who may find encouragement by it….

******************************************************



A LETTER FROM GOD

My Child, you may not know me, but I know everything about you (Psalm 139:3).  I know when you sit down and when you rise up. (Psalm 139:2).  I am familiar with all your ways (Psalm 139:3).  Even the very hairs on your head are numbered (Matthew 10:29-31). You were made in my image (Genesis 1:27).  In me you live and move and have your being (Acts 17-28).  For you are my offspring (Acts 17:28). I knew you even before you were conceived (Jeremiah 1:4-5).  I chose you when I planned creation (Ephesians 1:11-12).  You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book (Psalm 139:15-16). 
determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live (Acts 17:26).  You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 17:26).  I knit you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13).  And brought you forth on the day you were born (Psalm 71:6).  I have been misrepresented by those who don’t know me (John 8:41-44).  I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love (1 John 3:1).  And it is my desire to lavish my love on you simply because you are my child and I am your Father (1 John 3:1).  I offer you more than your earthly father could (Matthew 7:11).  I am the perfect Father (Matthew 5:48). Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand (James 1:17).  I am your provider and I meet all your needs (Matthew 6:31-33).  My plan for your future has always been filled with hope (Jeremiah 31:3).  Because I love you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).  My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore (Psalm 139:17-18).  And I rejoice over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:17).  I will never stop doing good to you (Jeremiah 32:40).  You are my treasured possession (Exodus 19:5).  I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul (Jeremiah 32:41).  And I want to show you great and marvelous things (Jeremiah 33:3).

*******************************************

Love and Encouragement from 

Jessica….

It’s tough living in the world today.  There is bad news all day, every day.  We have more stress than ever.  Our bodies and minds fail us.  We worry about family, work, money, and health…the list goes on and on.  It’s easy to be overwhelmed by trouble and fear.  It’s impossible for us to always figure out the plan within ourselves a way to make it all okay all of the time-to avoid all of life’s troubles.
What we do have is a helper - a giver of hope - that we have free, unlimited access to at any time.  God sees you as His child.  A child that He loves dearly, even more than we can imagine, even more than we love our own children.  Because we are His children He wants to be there for us, to rescue us, to comfort us, to defend us, to fight for us, and to save us.
He wants to know our troubles big or small.  He comforts us with open arms when we hurt and even when we mess up.  Yes - even when we mess up.  He even rejoices when we turn to Him and ask for forgiveness.  He longs to set us on the right path because He loves us.
Don’t believe what the world says.  The world says that there are certain wrongs that are worse than others.  Many believe that some things just cannot be forgiven.  This comes from people, not God.  It is not the truth.  God desires that even the murderer turn from his sin, ask for forgiveness, and to experience a life full of His love and grace.  Don’t let anyone make you believe that you cannot be forgiven by God.  He only wants us to turn away from sin, ask for forgiveness, believe that Jesus died so that we can be forgiven, and look to Him for wisdom and guidance daily. 
God loves you so much that He wants to see you happy, successful, and content.  This doesn’t mean that He is some genie granting wishes when we ask.  We may never have large bank accounts but the key is in being content.  Look around at what we have and simply be thankful and enjoy those blessings to the fullest.  Enjoy your family, your home, the sunshine, enjoy the falling of leaves.  Always look for ways to find contentment, not ways to have more and more.  It is a losing game that steals our contentment and joy.
He also wants to have a daily relationship with you that look like your other relationships here.   He wants to talk with us on a regular basis.  He wants to show you how much He cares for you and He wants to hear how much you care for Him.  He wants to hear and be there with us in our hurts, excitement, worries, and joy.  He wants us to communicate with Him daily. 
Some people think that prayer has to be formal with specific layouts, only done before meals, at church, or at a funeral spoken in fancy language full of ‘church words’.  I’m not trying to say that God doesn’t like that kind of prayer or that it’s bad but that isn’t the only way we talk to God.  He wants us to talk to Him like we would our spouses, or a friend, or our parents.  You can pray in your thoughts, or in a quiet voice, or loudly at any time or place about anything.  The Bible says pray without ceasing.
Many times through the day something will come to my mind and I may simply think in my head “Lord give me strength” or Lord help me with this” or “Thank you for my family”.  Those are all prayers as long as we are ‘speaking’ to the Lord.
Once you start having a relationship with God, be open to signs big and small for Him to show you that He is working in your life in different situations.  He often shows us reminders of His presence and His working in our lives.
I’ve had many times where I’ve been nervous or afraid and I will pray and then I will see something or someone will say something that is an obvious, overwhelming sign that He is there and He heard me.  We only need to be open to these signs.
Take time when you are stressed or overwhelmed and walk among nature.  Think about each animal, each tree, each plant, each flower – all of the small details that go into each.  God created all of these things – every tiny detail.  You will be amazed. This often gets my mind away from troubles and reminds me how great He is – He is great and yet He wants to spend time with me – to help me – to have a relationship with me – to shower me with His love.
In this world it is often difficult to keep our mind on such things.  It has to be an intentional thing that we make time for.  When I find it hard to focus on positive things each day, it’s then that I find that I must remind myself of His promises that are found in the Bible.  The Bible is full of promises that are just as real today as they were back thousands of years ago.  His promises never fail no matter what it looks like to us.  His promises are still true.  We can’t see the whole picture and even when things look bad, God wants to turn us around for good.  If you think on these promises daily, they will give you peace, hope, joy, rest, and direction.  They turn your mind from fear to Him and the help only He can give.
I would like to share some of the promises straight from the Bible that have helped me.  Feel free to discover other promises in the Bible.  Think on them often to help keep in your heart and mind in a positive place.  You will notice a difference if you make an effort to be persistent and truly believe in the promises he has given……..  

‘He has given as his great and precious promises so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.’  2 Peter 1:4

‘Do not be anxious about anything, rather bring up all your requests to God and your prayers and petitions, along with giving thanks.  Then the peace of God that exceeds all understanding will keep your hearts and minds safe in Christ Jesus.’   Phillippians 4:6-7

‘His anger lasts for only a second, but his favor lasts a lifetime.  Weeping may stay all night but joy comes in the morning.’  Psalm 30:5

‘Then you will call, and the Lord will answer your cry for help, and he will say, “Here I am.”.’   Isaiah 58:9

‘The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.’   Exodus 14:14

‘The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.’  Psalm 34:17

‘For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’  
Jeremiah 29:11

‘I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.’  Psalm 34:4

‘When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, oh Lord, supported me.  When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.’  Psalm 94:18-19

‘Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.’ 1Peter 5:7

‘…In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart.  I have overcome the world.’ John 16:33

‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; and about your body, what will you wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  And why do you worry about clothes?  See how the lilies of the field grow?  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all of his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you?  Oh you of little faith? So do not worry, saying what shall we eat?  Or what shall we drink?  Or what shall we wear?  For the pagans run after these things, and your heavenly father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.’  Matthew 6:25-34

‘Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.’   Psalm 37:4 

‘God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.’ 
Psalm 46:1

‘Keep this book of the law (Bible) always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything in it.  Then you will be prosperous and successful.’  Joshua 1:8

‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.’   Proverbs 3:5-6

‘Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you.  He will be with you, he will never fail you or abandon you.’ Deuteronomy 31:8

‘Oh Lord my God you have performed many wonders for us.  Your plans for us are too numerous to list.  You have no equal.  If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds I would never come to the end of them.’Psalm 40:5

****************************************



God’s Love For You

‘This is what real love is.  It is not our love of God; it is God’s love for us in sending His Son to be the way to take away our sins.’  1 John 4:10

‘No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.’ Romans 8:37-39

‘He tends His flock like a shepherd.  He gathers the lambs into His arms and carries them close to His heart.  He gently leads those that have young.’  Isaiah 40:17

‘For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.’ John 3:16

‘The Father Himself loves you.  He loves you because you loved Me (Jesus) and believed that I came from God.’  1John 16:27

****************************************





*********************************************************************



What the Bible says about….

Sin

‘For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.’ -Romans 3:23

‘All of us have become like who is unclean, and all our righteous acts like filthy rags.  We all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.’  -Isaiah 64:6

‘He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.’  -Proverbs 28:13

‘Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.’  -James 4:17

‘The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, and envy, drunkenness, orgies, and the like.  I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the Kingdom of God.’   -Galatians 5:19-20

‘Put to death, therefore, whatever impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which are idolatry.  Because of these, the wrath of God is.’ -Colossians 3:5-6

Punishment for Sin

‘He who punish those who do not know God and do not obey the Lord Jesus.  
The will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord.’  -2 Thessalonians 1:8

‘There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil.’     -Romans 2:8

‘If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.’  -Revelation 20:15

‘Then He will say to those on His left, “Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. –Matthew 25:41

‘But transgressors will be altogether destroyed: The posterity of the wicked will be cut off.’  -Psalm 37:38

‘But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up the wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous, judgment of God, who will render to each person according to his deeds.’  -Romans 2:5-6

Forgiveness

“I (Jesus) have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”         -Luke 5:32

‘Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.  And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:38

(Jesus said) “This is my blood of the covenant which is poured out for the many for the forgiveness of sins.” –Matthew 26-28

‘Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.’ –Acts 13-38

‘Then I confess my sins to you and didn’t hide my guilt.  I said, “I will confess my sins to the Lord and You forgave me of my guilt.’ –Psalm 32:5

************************************************

Love and Encouragement From Charity:



                                      I asked for Strength…

And God Gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for Wisdom….
And God gave me problems
to solve.

I asked for Prosperity…
And God gave me brain and brawn to work.

I asked for Courage…
And God gave me danger
to overcome.

I asked for Favors…
And God gave me opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted…
I received everything I needed.

Trust in God

 ************************************************

 The Sinner’s Prayer

‘Happy is he who has forgiveness for his wrongdoing, and whose sin is covered.’ Psalm 25:11

‘That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.’  Romans 10:9-10



Dear God, I know that I am a sinner.  I’m sorry for those sins and ask for your forgiveness.  You said that if I turn from sin and give my life to Jesus, who died on the cross for me, I will be saved.  I give my life to Him now and confess that He is Lord of my soul.  Thank You for saving me.  I ask that you help me live as I should and ensure that when my life here is over, I will spend eternity with you in Heaven.  I ask these things in Jesus’ name.  Amen.

************************************


The Rapture

‘For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God.  And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.  Therefore encourage one another with these words.’  
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

‘Then will appear in Heaven the sign of the Son of Man and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of Heaven with power and great glory. And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of Heaven to the other. Matthew 24:30-31

‘But our citizenship is in Heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ who will transform our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power that enables Him, even to subject all things to Himself.’   Philippians 3:20-21

“And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself, that where I am, you may be also.” 
John 14:3

**********************************************

What Will Happen to Those Left Behind After the Rapture?

God forbid any of us are left here after the rapture, so let’s just say someone named Ted is left here.
First of all, Ted will be shocked, panicked, and terrified.  He’s going about his life just as he always has then, without warning, millions of people disappear. Some people believe that after the rapture, there may be rumors that the millions of people who suddenly left the earth is the work of UFO’s, a government program, or some sort of conspiracy.  If Ted read the Bible or has something like this journal, he won’t believe it.  He would know that Jesus has come for those who have given their lives to Him.  He would know that he, and all who are left behind, are about to live through the Great Tribulation.  It is seven terrifying years in which God turns away from the earth and Satan takes over.  It is the punishment to those who didn’t follow Him.
Ted may think, “But I know there is a God.  Why did I get left behind?”  The answer is that Ted never let GOD know HIM.  See, it is one thing to know there is a God; know about His Son, Jesus.  But to be a child of God, you must put your full faith and trust in Him.  Cast away any sin that you knowingly commit.  We are called the ‘Bride of Christ’.  Jesus doesn’t want a broken bride.  He doesn’t want us to be sinful and unrepentant.  He DOES want us to give our lives to Him, just as He gave His life for us. He wants us to confess our sins and let Him turn us into the beautiful, pure, and blameless bride He wants us to be.  Ted being left behind is proof that he didn’t do those things which make him a child of God.
The great news is that, despite being left behind, Ted will still have the opportunity to give his life to God and be saved.  Jesus said that if you call His name, He will listen.  Just because the world will be ruled by Satan, Jesus will still save your soul so that, whether you die or make it through the seven years, you will still be with Him in Heaven after Satan is defeated and we live with God for eternity.  If Ted says the Sinner’s Prayer and gives his life to God, he can take comfort that, no matter how terrible the earth becomes, his destiny will be secure in Heaven.
The Bible, while sometimes can be hard to understand, gives us a picture of what the seven years of tribulation will be like and the timing of things that will happen.  First, the Antichrist will appear.  He, while giving the appearance of a peaceful and helpful leader, is the human embodiment of Satan.  We are told in the Bible that he will be a great leader who promises peace and order to the world.  He will require everyone to take a mark, or some people think it will be a chip, on their forehead or right hand in order to buy and sell things like food and supplies.
DO NOT TAKE THE MARK!
It is called the Mark of the Beast and will force everyone to worship the antichrist.  If they do this, they will have given their soul to him and will lose their favor with God and be cast into hell when Satan in defeated after the seven year tribulation.
The Bible speaks of earthquakes, meteors, darkness, demons, famine, and diseases during the seven years of tribulation.  It also speaks of two men that will appear in Jerusalem who will help spread the word that Jesus is the Messiah and Lord.  Millions of people will be saved then.
In those seven years, it will be very dangerous to be a Christian so it will be very important for Ted to find other Christians.  The antichrist will behead anyone who doesn’t worship him so he will need their encouragement and strength.
The book of Revelation in the Bible gives more detail on what will happen during the Great Tribulation.  As unbelievable as these things may sound, it is the truth given to us by God.  That is why it is so important for everyone to give their lives to Jesus now before they are faced with the Great Tribulation.  Pastors, Prophets, Rabbis, and other men and women in ministry agree that, because of the sinful nature our world has become, Jesus will be coming for his bride soon and who is left will half to face seven years of punishment.  It was never the intention of God that any of us should be sent to hell.  He wants everyone to spend eternity with Him.  All we need to do is give our lives to Him.

********************************


What will Heaven look like?


It shone like the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like jasper, clear as crystal.  It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates.  On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.  There were three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three on the south and three on the west.  The wall of the city had twelve foundations and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.  The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls.  The city was laid out like a square with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia (1,400 miles) in length, and as wide as it is long.  The angel measured the wall using human measurements and it was 144 cubits (200 feet) thick.  The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass.  The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone.  The first foundation was jasper, the second was sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.  The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate was of gold as pure as transparent glass.  I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.  The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the lamb is its light.  The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it.  On no day will its gates ever shut, for there will be no night there.  The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.  Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of Life.’  -Revelation 10:21-27

****************************************************

Now we pray that you will let what we've shown you into your heart. Remember, God loves you.  He wants you in His kingdom forever. Don't let insecurities you may feel or doubt keep you from His care.  Just as you are right now, He loves you.  Don't think you have to get things in your life in order before you give your life to Him.  Come to Him now and let Him help you get things in order. 

We also pray that you will share this journal with everyone you may think can benefit from it.  

May God bless you and keep you in His care.

We love you!









No comments:

Post a Comment